Thursday, August 2, 2007

Satan's Weapons

Like a gentle breeze, Satan creeps into you thoughts to tempt and deceive. It’s easy to see Satan at work, what with all the hatred and evil that fills this world. Violence all over the news. Greed. Sex. It’s everywhere. As powerful as Satan’s weapons are, some times the ones that are the most dangerous are the ones we don’t really recognize as Satan’s doing. They’re like a time bomb; you don’t know they’re there until it goes off. Satan attacks us where we are most vulnerable with subtle devices. He slowly destroys our self-esteem, bringing to light all of our flaws, draining the happiness that fills us. He’s the whisper that says we’re not good enough, that we’re worthless. He throws insult after insult into the depths of our minds causing us to question everything.

For years Satan attacked me in this way, tearing apart my self-confidence piece by piece. Negative thoughts flooded my mind until it was overflowing with self-hatred. It was a very dark time in my life. I’ve been doing so much better lately but that doesn’t mean it’s easy all the time. I can still feel Satan at times trying to attack me again. Trying to make me question things. I can’t let them take over, though. Not anymore. But I can’t do it by myself. It’s at these times, when Satan is trying to slip in unnoticed, that we should rely on God to help us through it. It’s easy when times are good to rely on God less and less and I think that’s when we’re most vulnerable and Satan knows it. Don’t let him win. Give your life to Christ, focus on Him, and pray that He will help you keep Satan from controlling your thoughts. That He will give you the strength to endure. I can’t go back to the way it was. To a place where I would’ve welcomed death to end my misery. I won’t let him win. “With God all things are possible.” Think about how amazing life is and the blessings you have. Life won’t always turn out perfect the way you want it, but that’s not what it’s about. It’s about walking by faith and knowing that God loves you and has given you the gift of eternal life through his son Jesus. Share this love with the world so that others may come to know Christ.

No comments: