Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Life Is Not My Own

It’s been a long time since I’ve really felt God speaking to me through a Sunday morning church service. Most of that is my fault. Last Sunday night I heard a message about having “ears to hear” that helped change my attitude toward Sunday mornings and I’m thankful it did or I would have missed out yet again. I’ve been working on changes in my life. Changes that can only come by walking with the Lord and focusing on what He wants to do with my life. I am so thankful for the changes I can see and feel God making in my life. Today’s message was both encouraging and reminding. It reminded me to stay focused on my progress and to continue to ask God to work in my life, molding me. I felt God speaking directly to me through the pastor this morning. And I’m thankful, because I help run video, that I was able to sit through both services. It helped hammer things home and let me see the biblical references more than once. I need to continue to work on changing my tongue into God’s tool, instead of using it to hurt and judge. I need to recognize that my life is not my own. Anything I have is a gift from God. My money is not my money. And I need to focus on God’s purpose for my life.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: