Monday, November 10, 2008

Hope

I've been wrestling with hope a lot lately. Sometimes I think hope can be a scary thing. What if the things we hope for don't come to pass? Something we longed for. Where does that leave us emotionally and where does it leave our hope for the next situation or whatever it might be. I hope that God will move in my life and in the lives around me. The people I care about and the people I know aren't believers. I know God can do all things, that He is faithful, and I put my hope in that. But does my attitude or my actions reflect confidence in God. Am I confident that God will work in those lives or change the hearts of those people? Someone I talked to last night said, "Why, when God answers a prayer of ours, do we act surprised that He answered it?" I should pray to God, confident that He will answer those prayers and I should be thankful when He does - not surprised.

Ephesians 3:12
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

No comments: