Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Yearly Check-up

Tomorrow at eleven I have to be back at Big Barnes for my yearly visit. I get to see Dr. Biladello, my favorite cardiologist. I'm not really sure what he will have me do; probably just answer some questions about how I'm feeling. And of course he will listen to my heart and probably feel my chest. It's crazy that he can tell if my heart has increased or decreased in size just by putting pressure on my chest with his palm. I'll probably have to go back once a year for the rest of my life just to make sure my heart is staying healthy. I always get a little more nervous as these doctor visits draw closer. I pay more attention to my own heart beat and any symptoms I might have. There are a couple concerns I have that I will discuss with the doc but hopefully everything is still great and I don't have any more problems. Hopefully the small holes they found last winter haven't increased in size or anything. I'll put a post up tomorrow with the results.

No comments: