Monday, October 29, 2007

Distraction

The other day I was listening to my ipod and the song “distraction” by Angels and Airwaves came on and it got me thinking. It made me think about life and the things that distract me from my almighty and loving God. There are so many distractions in our world that at times it seems impossible to focus on Him. I don’t want that any longer. I want to be ever focused on my Lord. I want Him to be in total control. To be the center of my life. I want the roles reversed. I want my love and praise and focus for God to be so great and passionate that He alone distracts me from the things that have engulfed my life. The things that have caused me to stray from His path. I want to say, “No I can’t go do that now because I want to spend time with my Lord.” He’s the most important thing in my life and I long to treat Him as such.

No comments: