Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Up Late

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Too much for my own good really. I've been thinking a lot about my life. About relationships. About family. There are times when I wish I could stop thinking - just turn it off for a while. It's not that I'm thinking bad things or anything like that, it's just that my mind is constantly moving. Constantly recalling things or looking ahead. The trouble is, all these thoughts I'm having, I really don't know what to do with them. They're just kind of there, lingering somewhere in my mind - sometimes in the depths and sometimes in the forefront. I even have a difficult time trying to find a way to put my thoughts into writing.

Blood flows through my veins
Pumping life throughout my body
I breathe without thinking
I see
I think
I imagine
I create
I love
I am created in His image
As are those around me
We are beautiful creations
Loved beyond belief
By a father who is always there
Longing for a relationship with us
He gives me life
He gives me strength to endure
There will always be struggles
And at times I will hurt
But in Him I find joy
In Him I find hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle your poetry is cool!