Thursday, June 21, 2007

Concert

Last night I went to a concert with my girlfriend and a few friends. We saw Ben Folds and John Mayer. Ben Folds was really entertaining. I'm not a huge John Mayer fan but he put on a pretty good show. He's an incredible guitar player with decent vocals. Reflecting on the night it's kind of sad what goes on at these shows. There was a guy sitting pretty close to us in the lawn that was passed out drunk before Ben Folds even went on. His friends piled grass on him until he was completely covered. I must admit it was funny seeing him covered in grass but really kind of sad that someone would get that drunk before the show. I won't talk about the clothes that a lot of people wear at these shows. And there's enough smoke in the air that you feel like you might get high just breathing. I don't want to sound too negative but you would think that people would want to go to these shows and just enjoy the music and the beatuful night without the influence of drugs or alcohol. I did have fun though, standing in the grass with the people I care about, enjoying good music. It couldn't have been a better night for the concert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was one of those people who you enjoyed the night with.
FYI- I think I did get high that night;)